Thursday, September 08, 2011

really? REALLY?

Things that happened lately that have made me say the above either out loud or in my head:


  • the singing of "Brick House" by a student when I slipped my sweater off today because I was hot (I'm sure this was neither a complement nor an homage to my beauty since I look like a school marm from the nineteen teens.....This just made me roll my eyes... Just what I need -- verbal irony.)
  • the ringing of my alarm clock after only four hours of sleep.  I was NOT prepared for today.  
  • getting behind the third slow-moving thing on the way to work this morning which caused me to be late.  Again.  For the second time on duty week.  (MOVE...Get that thing...out...of...)
  • coming home after leaving Roux out just once to see what she'd do to find she'd shredded every single thing she could get her teeth into in a gleeful festival of destruction all over the living room
  • having to use the Porta-Potty at Prairie Arts and finding that to add insult to injury the door had no lock  (What?  Why?  I can't...even....  I have quite literally seen facilities consisting of holes in the ground that were less heinous.)
  • trying to print from a non-saveable PDF application and having it screw up, disappear, screw up, disappear, screw up, disappear....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....