Sunday, September 25, 2011

Giraffes Again

So I'm proud of this one.  Sue me.  I love the giraffes on the Dentzel.  I always have.  I shot them quite a bit yesterday, and although I know I do not have good control over my camera, especially compared to some people I know (Tree Boy, yeah, I mean you among others), I am very happy with this one.  I did process it through Picnick to make it look "Lomo-ish," a finish I like, but this one needed very little else.  It pleases me, and it's rare for me to say that.

It's hard to nail down exactly what it is about this pair of giraffes that I like so much.  Partly, of course, it's the detail.  I always perceive them as a male and a female.  I love that the maker took the time to paint and decorate them differently.  The male has light greenish eyes.  The female's are dark gold.  I love that their saddles have bright silver fringe or ivy.  I think, though, that they also look intelligent, perceptive.  They are graceful and elegant.  Even when I was little, the giraffes, the lion, and the tiger were always my favorites.

I don't know if I'll go back to take more photos there again.  I think I got everything this time, or at least as much as I am going to be able to do with my ability.  I have this image in my desktop wallpaper set now, so when it shifts through, I can see their tranquil expressions and smile.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....