Sunday, September 04, 2011

Rainy Musings

The rain on the roof makes me wish for you.  The gentle drumming sound of it and the music of it pooling as it falls from the eaves soothes and makes me drowsy.  If you were here, we could curl up together under the covers in the soft grey light.  I would bury my face in the curve of your neck; you could wrap your arms around me.  I would run my hand down your back and let it rest just at the base of your spine.  I want to fall asleep to the sounds of your heart and your breath and the rain.  When we wake up, I would open my eyes and see you still there, feel the strength of you there beside me like some unexpected gift.  I might reach out with just the tips of my fingers and trace the line of your cheekbones, your beautiful mouth, watch the sleep fade from your eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....