Friday, September 09, 2011

Stuff that Made Me Feel Good Today

Another List (to balance out the one filled with poo from yesterday because I think I owe it to you, myself, and the universe):

  • I got to see one of my sweet former students today, and she's doing wonderfully well in her university life.  That always makes me feel so happy.  I love it when they're out there heading toward that great thing they want for themselves, whatever that happens to be.
  • There were NO SONGS regarding my "mighty-mightiness."
  • I wore one of my roses today (a blue rose pin made from reclaimed wool -- something I got at Chimneyville last year).  Instant boost.  Roses make me happy.  So I'm a cliche.  Shoot me.
  • I thought I lost or had "misplaced with the help of others" my favorite fountain pen today at one point.  Then I found it.  Finding the pen was fantastic.  Confirming what I have always believed, that other people wouldn't really do that to me over a pen, was ten times better.
  • Two words:  puppy kisses.  Love from Chewie and Roux when I got home.  Dogs are grand.
  • Hammock. This is perfect hammock weather.  I plan to spend most of tomorrow in it if I don't go out shooting.  (With the camera, of course.)
  • Reading the acceptance letter for TGC more carefully and realizing that I was one of 65 teachers selected from about 300 applicants nationally.
  • Massaman curry for dinner.  Never fails.  Even when I don't want any other food, I always want massaman.  It may be the perfect food.  Except for cheese....
  • Shaun of the Dead came today from amazon.  Tomorrow, I'm having my very own showing since I missed last week's drive-in presentation due to rain, tiredness/sickness, and Prairie Arts.
  • Beowulf's Boasts were today.  We all wore crowns (mine is cuter; I work hard for that plastic tiara, baby), they brandished foam sabers, and a good time was had by all.
  • I'm rereading Gatsby.  A craving got flung on me by a friend of mine (guilty party, you know who you are), and so ONCE AGAIN, I'm at Gatsby's watching the pretty people dance with Nick.  Not a bad way to spend a Friday night.  After all, tomorrow will be all about the zombies... Oh, wait.  I see a literary travesty in the making....
  • I'm getting comments on my blog.  Even little ones where people can click anonymously at the bottom.  It's nice.  I like it.  I won't cliffhang you until you respond (some of you will get that, and yeah, I know, I know....), but a little interaction is unexpected and, I think, good.
That's enough to balance out the scales.  After yesterday's focus on the negative, I just felt like I should adjust my lens, so to speak.  Don't worry.  I'm sure that if doom is your thing, if you hang around here long enough, it will come rushing back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....