Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dusting Off My Hands

...because I made one of my problems disappear today.  Screw this. Right now, you irritate me, disappoint me, or depress me, and so I've made you go away.  I don't have to look at it if it makes me sad.  Bye-bye, darlin'.

...because I'm finding it easier to let go every day.  Every disaster brings me closer to decision.  Every moment of peril brings new understanding.

...because I had a migraine that made me weep.  Literally.  And had to be taken home by somebody else.  Sometimes there's nothing else to do but brush the dust off the hands from the fall and get ready to get up again tomorrow.

...because I cannot fix everything that is broken.  Because I cannot make everyone pick up every gift that is offered.  Because I'm tired of being heartsick over it.

...because today my family was stolen from by redneck thieves.  I'm revising my theories about guns.

...because I saw things today that took me right back to the "bad old days" I hoped were gone forever.

I'm going to bed now.  Today was pure-D-hell, as my grandfather would have said it.  I took a big migraine pill long enough ago that I'm no longer screaming and crying from the pain.  Everything else will hold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....