Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ghost Mail

I close my eyes for a while
And force from the world a patient smile

But I gave you all....

"I Gave You All" ~ Mumford and Sons

My iPhone dings all the time now with ghost messages, emails that never quite manage to come through.  Could it be special delivery from you, another message that doesn't quite come through?  You've absented yourself everywhere else; maybe that's all that's left of you, phantom notifications like sonar pings indicating more lack of communication is on the way.  Somehow, I can't think of any symbol more appropriate.  It seems like something with meaning, but when it's opened, it's just hollow. I've been summoned for nothing.

Silence leads to silence.  Expect reciprocation.  Be relieved.  Whatever.  I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....