Friday, October 28, 2011

Quick Mix

A list.  Take what you can get and be happy.  Yeah.  It was one of those.
  • Good:  BLT, Chess Square, AND unexpected bonus potato chips for lunch.  Hell.  Yes.  Nothing I ate came out of microwave.  It was like heaven.
  • Bad:  Watching a good friend of mine beat himself up for something he did not do.  I would take those stripes for you if I could.
  • Weird:  Being told by a student my jeans were not dress code, and so I needed to take them off.  (Oh NO he didn't....  Well,  yeah.  He sort of did.)  Um.  You do know I'm old enough to be yo mamma, right?
  • Good:  The elusive F came to see me (amongst others) today.  Don't see him nearly enough, but any day he shows up at my door is a good day.
  • Bad:  Sick puppy, and now dirty puppy.  Some things, nobody should have to clean.  Repeatedly. (Said dog is now trying to play "shake the sock", his favorite game, while the sock is still on my foot.  Anybody want a dog?)
  • Weird:  I'm hooked on a song about an Irish killing squad, "Shankill Butchers" as sung by Sarah Jarosz.  It is twirling in my head like a beautiful deadly little ballet.
  • Good:  TGC sent me a gorgeous little electronics device called a Bloggie.  It's slim and lovely, shoots for about eight hours, does still pictures and video, emails, stores for later, or uploads instantly to FB, Flicker, etc.  Yeees.  Send me sexy tech, baby, and I'm yours for life.
  • Bad:  I'm not sure I have any food in my house.
  • Good:  I have almost all my TGC homework done because unlike my usual schedule of procrastination, I came home and was a good girl who worked diligently.  Gold star to me.
Now I'm going to go scratch around for something that isn't ramen or puppy chow and slack.  I have by God earned it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....