Thursday, October 27, 2011

Glass Box Hell

What do you do when you can't do anything?  When all your good intentions are worthless and the situation is so far past SNAFU that no amount of fixing will ever un-FU it?  Oh God, my soul grieves.  I cannot lend a hand, soothe a pain, mend a tear, be of use at all.  All I can do is clench my fists, feel my stomach turn, and rage at it as I ask why.  WHY?  I say this so often, I hear it come out of my mouth so much that it is becoming my own personal cliche, but there is no logic in it.  I keep using this as a yardstick in a world that is like something from the reject dimension from Alice's nightmares or Oz's darkside.  Please, somehow, please, let me be of use.  Put a sword in my hand and give me a fair fight.  Put a shovel in my hand and point me to what needs to be dug up or filled in.  Put a bandage in my hand and tell me how to give aid.  I cannot stand this special hell of being useless while those around me hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....