Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Kiss Me" - Tom Waits

I know I already mentioned this song earlier, but it really deserves its own proper post with nothing else in it.  This song just does me in.  The more I listen to it, the better it gets.  Everything in it is understated, restrained and so much more powerful for that holding back. This is a slow dance between two people who have other types of closeness on their mind but are content to wait for that because the waiting, too, is good sometimes.   The upright bass, piano, and guitar are the perfect accompaniment for that rough voice. There's even the sound of old vinyl record hiss in the background that somehow makes it a bit film noir, a bit of something happening in a half-dark room between strong and equally matched leads. Every time it rolls through a playlist, I replay it.  It's rapidly becoming one of my most-played things in iTunes.  And it's generating a piece of writing.  Beware.  I will strive to keep it "blog-appropriate."  Or if not, well....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....