Friday, October 28, 2011

The Warrior's Way

I just watched this tonight.  I remember seeing the commercials for it when it was coming out and thinking, "Hmm..." but I am always about four or five years behind the new releases.  Oh boy, did I miss it with this one. It sort of had it all...

  • Awesome freaky circusness  - Check.  In the middle of the desert no less.  You can't beat that with a stick. I don't know what it is about a creepy circus that turns up the booyah (my favorite word right now if you haven't noticed) on a setting, but for some reason, it just does.  Works here, too.  Is it logical that there's circus with a half-built Ferris wheel hell-and-gone from everywhere else?  No.  But, then again, neither are the...
  • Ninjas - And you have an assortment to choose from.  You have your bamboo ninjas, your boat ninjas, your snow ninjas, your super-bad in-town cowboy-killer ninjas, and what I like to think of as your cannon-fodder ninjas.  
  • Cowboys - Creepy disfigured evil ones.  (Getting killed by the evil ninjas.  You're going to be happy when it happens.  Trust me.)
  • An absolutely splendid formerly-ninja hero (who is now more or less samurai even if this isn't from Japan) - And here we pause while I have a fit of the vapours over the pretty man with the blade.  (Lawsy.)  
  • A baby - Who is cute.  And who gets carried by the lovely sword-swinging stoic samurai man.
  • A sword-toting chick with an axe to grind - You know I am a fan of girls getting revenge.
  • Geoffrey Rush - Need I say more?
  • Magic swords, subdued romance (because it's from Asia ((sigh))), and Matrix-like fight scenes
Are you not watching this movie yet?  What is wrong with you?  Go.  GO.  I'm not going to tell you it's high theater, but it's great good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....