Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Day Before School

He who opens a school door, closes a prison.
Victor Hugo

Today has been a very long day. It started with a meeting at our vocational school, progressed to a horrible test results review, and concluded with me working way too late. Right now, the copier is humming in the background, and I am craving my bed.

Tomorrow will be the first day with kids. I am looking forward to it, but I'm not sure how prepared I am. I never feel prepared for the first day. I could have a script memorized, but I still wouldn't feel adequately prepared.

I've gotten several complements on my classroom, and I am not worried on that account. Mostly, I never know whether or not I have enough stuff for us to do. I hate it when there are 5 or 10 minutes at the end where everybody is just staring at each other. It's also bad if there's too much and something gets left off or rushed. Pacing on the first day is just problematic.

This is going to be very short because I need to prep some more stuff for tomorrow. Suffice it to say, I'm alive and getting ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....