Sunday, August 21, 2005

Spam on the Blog

I had my first blog spam today. Some stupid wretched advertiser actually had the nerve to post their crappy ads as a response to my blog. I just want to go on record as saying that they SUCK and I wish them ill.

It wasn't a little ad, either. It went on for pages and pages. It was some absurd crap about speculating in forestry. Since I have relatives in that business, I was doubly offended.

There are so many places to advertise in this world. Heck, it seems like you can't even sit in your own living room without being attacked by some form of advertising, even if you're not watching TV, using the computer, or listening to the radio. It's all-pervasive.

Don't advertising companies realize how much it hacks people off when they keep shoving stuff down our throats? My advice to them is: make a good product, tell people about it in a reasonable fashion, and then leave them the heck alone. My top don'ts? Simple: DON'T SPAM MY BLOG, don't call me and try to sell me crap at home (I'm on the No-Call, but sometimes they're adventurous), and don't make commercials that an amoeba would find intellectually inferior.

Once you take a look at all the subliminal/psychological stuff going on in ads, it's really quite insulting. Actually, it might be more frightening than insulting since they are apparently based on solid research about the things that motivate humanity. Maybe if we elevate ourselves, advertisers will follow suit.

Oh well, that's probably enough for a Sunday night. Again, all manner of Egyptian curses and voodoo evil to you blog spammers out there. For all the normal readers and those of you just out cruising cyberspace, a good night and a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....