Monday, August 22, 2005

When You Really Should Be In Bed

"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." -- Ben Franklin

I don't know why I'm doing this instead of sleeping, but here you have it.

Today was a crapfest of epic proportions. We were giving the retest for our state mandated NCLB stuff and the master computer at the state department of education from which every tester's computer in the state gets its data went down. I spent 15 minutes frantically running from computer to computer with my "magic password" trying to right the situation, but it didn't work. The students were bemused, then bored, and I finally let them play solitaire or surf the web.

It wasn't until lunchtime that I was told the test had been called off by the state dept. Apparently, they couldn't get the system back up. Lucky us, we get to do the whole crappin' thing over again next Tuesday. That means another day of my classtime for THIS year's testers has been stolen. Oh how I hate it....

Well, there's more to tell, but I guess I better finish my copying and go to bed. I'm late enough as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....