Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Teeth

Trips to the dentist - I like to postpone that kind of thing.
Johnny Depp


After a long day of preparation for Thursday, I went to the dentist to have my two invisible cavities drilled and filled. This is a fairly new event for me. Until this year, I had no fillings of any kind. I don't know if genetics, diet, or obsessive brushing protected me for so long, but I enjoyed my "perfect record."

My dentist is quite good. The most uncomfortable moment is when he gives me the shots to deaden my gums. I hate needles, and even the sight of one hovering that close to my mouth gets me very, very tense.

It all took less than 30 minutes. It's amazing how fast something like tooth drilling and reconstruction takes now. Granted, these were sort of pre-cavities, so I'm guessing they weren't very deep. However, I seem to remember such things taking a lot longer for other friends and my family who've had cavities in the past.

My dentist also made a point of telling me that these fillings would be white, so if I looked, I probably wouldn't see anything. Hmmm....several centuries of dentistry, and they just now got around to making them white? Why didn't this occur to somebody before?

There's really not much else to tell about today. I have some other stuff that I may get to in another post, but that's it for now. Now, I'm going to bed so I can get up for another day of fun, fun, fun. At least now I'm dentally sound. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....