Friday, May 11, 2012

A Good Man

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
~"Holding Out for a Hero" - Bonnie Tyler
______________________________

Driving home today after a very long day in a very long week, I saw somebody I knew.  I'm not sure if he was ending his day or if he was still in the midst of his.  We waved at each other in passing and continued on our separate journeys. He looked so tired there behind the wheel.

He has enough reason.  He's a good man, but he has too much going on right now.  Most of it was caused by a bad woman.  Everything that was settled is uprooted.  Through no fault of his own, all that was whole is broken.  It would make anyone tired.

He's not the first good man I've seen in a situation of that kind.  It struck me as I drove on home that on behalf of all of us women who seem to have so many problems finding any good men at all that perhaps some of us ought to posse up and go take those misusing and abusing the limited resources available behind a building somewhere and beat the everliving crap out of them.  You know.  Put the rabid dogs down before they tear out another throat, savage somebody else past recognition or reclamation.

Maybe the good men (if indeed there are more than one or two out there) could police their own, too, an act of reciprocation.  Based upon my experiences, they have the nastier, heftier job since it seems like so much of their population has been infected with the jackass syndrome.  Or maybe it's just the section into which I keep running....

Alternately, I suppose we could just quarantine the elements that are offensive and damaging from both camps and ship them off somewhere where they will only claw at each other.  This might work as a solution, too.  Maybe we could create an Island of Defective Assery somewhere and put all these people on it.  The only problem I see with this is that they will inevitably breed, and no child should have to suffer in their care.  Too many already do.  This is why it's better if we just drag them out behind the buildings....

Just a thought.  Consider it something Swiftian that overtook me. Take it with the requisite grain of salt and file it as you will.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:55 PM CDT

    I always find it funny that women will bemoan the lack of "good" men while in the very next breath they will belittle and complain about how men are lazy, useless, etc, etc. If women keep calling men dogs, we will be glad to make them right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find it funny when people don't really read my blog and then post a reply. It's good that we all have things to amuse us, isn't it? Carry on. Carry on.

      Delete

And then you said.....