Monday, May 14, 2012

Grey Blur

Coming home on the interstate today, I saw the grey Charger sidle into traffic from the on-ramp.  From the way all the vehicles in front of me reacted, even though I was just too far away to see the stripes and decals, I knew it was a State Trooper.

We were in the precious three lane space just outside town, a free-for-all zone in which you will see everybody's inner race driver come out on even the best of days.  I watched that dark grey backend slide over to the left and drop slightly. I sighed. I could just imagine what was coming next. Sure enough, seconds later, it shot for the horizon in a lane that was clearing like magic in front of it.

Don't you know it must feel righteously good to take that big interceptor out, put it in the overtake lane, and punch it?  To hear that big hemi's throaty rumble, to feel that incredible surge of power hit, and to ride that wave with no fear because you ARE the limiting factor and it's all good with you?

I do love power and speed.  Granted, right now, I have precious little of it, but I respect it when I see it.  Someday.  Someday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....