Friday, May 11, 2012

Yesterday, I...

(a list)

  • fought through the remnants of a killer migraine from the day before and staggered to the shower.  Almost fell down two or three times.  Managed to get clean and not throw up.  Considered this to be a victory worthy of its own epic. 
  • decided not to call for a sub.  
  • probably put on all my clothing in the right order and didn't forget any of the basic steps in self-preparation for a day with other people.  
  • hauled approximately 800 lbs of stuff approximately 5 miles on foot to set up a mini-buffet for my AP kids.
  • graded at least a half a class of research papers.  If you've never done this, you just really don't understand what that means.
  • wanted to weep because of the same.
  • felt like my head was going to rip open like an overripe fruit every time I moved too fast, bent over, or sneezed.  This also included turning my head to either side to look over my shoulder.  I appear to have internal brain bruising (is this even POSSIBLE????) from my migraine.  I don't know, but even now, it's still a little tender.  CHEEZUS.
  • attended a meeting during my planning period regarding Summer Reading.
  • wanted to weep because of the same.
  • took another Maxalt.
  • had dueling movies going in my classroom (Dead Poets' Society & Star Wars).
  • created, printed, administered, and graded a comprehensive final for my Comp I class.
  • graded almost all of the final essays for my Comp I class, all of which were turned in last night.
  • stayed over for and attended Senior Awards Night.
  • watched all get some and some (very deserving) get all. 
  • managed to drag myself home again, stay upright long enough to eat cold pizza, and fall down.
So, what did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....