Monday, June 20, 2011

Dogs, Etc.

Woke up this morning and took Roux to the vet.  When I came home Saturday, her skin allergy had flared up, and the poor darling was miserable.  I had to drive the white truck, so I was a little...off...in it.  It always feels strange to me.  Roux is sleeping now with two shots and some antibiotics in her.  Later, I'll give her a bath with some skin-soothing shampoo.  That will undoubtedly be fun for all of us....

I'm still tired today.  I'm having a physically-weak day.  It will pass.  Tomorrow I should be right as rain.  I'm just slacking on the couch until it passes.  At least it didn't hit me until I was home.  I can be thankful for that, I guess.  I had a headache early this morning, but I went back to sleep for a little while, and it is mostly gone.  I haven't had to take anything for it, anyway.

I have to go to a workshop Wednesday, and I want to take some of the four hundred and eighty-seven things that have accumulated for school to my room, so I think I'm going to try to go to my classroom after if I can.  I hope the building will be open.  I have to get Bubo settled in to his new home, after all.

I'm trying to figure out what to read next.  I am trying to decide among the Edwidge Danticat I have waiting, a Christopher Moore excursion in humor, Kafka on the Shore by Murakami, and Cannery Row.  I have sort of fallen in love with Steinbeck, so I'm leaning heavily toward Cannery Row, but today, I don't know if I'm going to read anything.  Sleep might be more appropriate and less likely to produce a migraine.

Eventually, I want to write about what I thought about The Grapes of Wrath, but I'm not up to it right now.  What an incredible book.  Maybe I will be able to get enough energy together to do that post later.  I think I'm going to see if I can scratch up something for lunch right now.  Ugh.  Tomorrow really needs to be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....