Friday, June 24, 2011

Things I Can Do

As I was driving home from jumping off my car....yet again....after picking it up from the repair shop only an hour earlier....I started composing this list in my head.  Granted, I had been sitting in 100-degree-plus heat for quite some time, but it seemed the sort of thing that would make a good blog entry.  It also felt good to remember that there are some things that I am capable of completing, on occasion, without too many problems. Without further ado, I give you a list (non-comprehensive) of Things I Can Do:

  • Jump  a Dead Vehicle Off
  • Change a Flat Tire
  • Check Levels for and Put in Engine Oil, Brake Fluid, Windshield Wiper Solution. Etc.
  • Design and Build a Stained Glass Window
  • Design and Free-hand a Calligraphic Work
  • Play the Piano and Organ
  • Bake a Damn Good Carrot Cake, Granny's Corn Bread, and a Sour Cream Pound Cake That Will Make You Sell Your Soul for More
  • Fry Chicken/Tomatoes (what the hell...anything) in a Cast Iron Skillet
  • Cross Stitch/Embroider/Machine Sew Simple Things
  • Make Pottery Things (Handbuilt)
  • Give a Dog a Pill
  • Write Poetry
  • Assemble Things with Power Tools
  • Take Adequate Pictures with the Nikon If Not Rushed
  • Analyze Literature
  • Travel Well Alone
  • Hook up Electronics
  • Do Basic Troubleshooting
  • Make Sourdough Bread from Scratch
  • Fold Origami Cranes

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....