Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Tuesdays

I was working on the application for a program I'm trying to get in, hacking my way through the required essays when the phone rang.  My mom was freaking out on the other end.  The car dealership had called her home phone for some reason, an old number that hadn't been updated or a cross-listing, and they'd told her that my car had been hit in their parking lot.

She passed my number on to the insurance agent on the other end, let me know what was going on.  I soothed her and waited for the agent to call.  Today has been pretty much crap from that point forward.  The insurance agent told me that her client, a car courier with a large truck and trailer, had clipped my car after he failed to turn properly in the dealership lot.  Of course, his insurance will have to take care of it.

That's not the issue.  The issue is that I need my car for Friday.   And for a bright, happy while this morning, it actually looked as though I was going to have it.  The service center had called me early this morning to tell me they'd found the issue causing the battery drain.  It was a bizarre thing involving the fog lights coming on by themselves.  They'd almost not caught it, in fact.  They'd cleaned some corrosion inside from the battery cables, they'd been getting ready to call me with it, and someone had walked out and seen the fog lights on.  Apparently, they'd had another car like mine with a similar problem, a faulty switch, and so they had ordered the part and told me they'd have it for me Thursday before trailer guy showed up....

I went to see it late this evening.  I had just enough time to get out, see the damage, take three or four pictures, and the rain came.  I hunkered over my Nikon and got soaked as I walked back to Dad's vehicle.  I didn't even run.  My poor little car is battered.  The left rear fender is dented in, the tail light bashed.  The bumper is going to have to be replaced altogether.  There is no way they will have it repaired by the time I need to go to Louisville.

I suppose there will be a rental car in my future.  I hope everything will be straightforward with this process.  It's not the first time I've had to have bodywork through no fault of my own, but it really could not have come at a worse time.  Tuesday really got its money's worth today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....