Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Thing That Makes Me Happy

I am looking at the most beautiful picture on the almighty FaceBook.  One of the sweetest guys I knew in high school is holding his new baby daughter in his arms grinning.  It is just making me grin right back at the screen, and I have tears in my eyes.  I haven't seen him...well...God...not since we graduated.  He was extraordinary, gifted in so many ways.  He was so smart, could draw fantastically well, and he played the guitar with passion, true talent, and skill.  It is the music that finally called to him, that he now both teaches and performs, and that makes me happy to know, too, because for years, I didn't know where he was or what was going on with him.  It is somehow a deeply satisfying and hopeful thing to see somebody as good as he is holding that little girl.  I can't think of better hands for her to be in.  I love it when sometimes, just sometimes, there are happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....