Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tornadoes in KY

There are tornadoes in Louisville.  I'm watching the news reports roll through my Twitter feed.  There's been a touchdown near U of Louisville, debris near Churchill Downs.  It's strange to me because I was there less than a week ago walking through that very place with a distracted tour guide dodging the Porsches of incoming jockeys arriving for night racing.

Now although it looks as though the Downs themselves have escaped damage, the area around them is getting pounded.  Roofs are being ripped off, power lines are down.  The storms that were boiling at the end of my time there apparently stuck around.  I'm sure those skies are green.  I remember that color all too well from my time in Bloomington.

I hope everything will be okay and that nobody will be hurt.  This is an incredible reminder of how fast things change, of how quickly something can disappear.  Sometimes it can change in less than seven days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....