Wednesday, June 01, 2011

That Awkward Moment When....

...you realize you're crying over somebody who's been dead for more than 400 years.  And the representation of their life you're watching is almost totally fictional.  I just watched Anne Boleyn die on The Tudors (don't judge me.  Don't you dare judge me.), and even though historians are greatly divided on her and the series paints her as a mostly unstable schemer, the episodes leading to her death are heartbreaking.  When she looks up and sees the birds flying, it breaks my heart.  (I cried for Catherine, too.  I cry for all of them.  I have a problem.  You can say it.  That's fine.)

...the lady at the junktique not only knows you but knows what you like to buy.  Maybe I spend too much time junkin'.  Is there any such thing, though?  Hmm....  Some of the vendors also know me by sight, too.

...you're singing in your classroom (or any other empty location) because you think you are alone...and suddenly you're not.  Um.  Yeah.  Hey.  Thought everybody was....gone.... And now I'm going to pretend you did NOT just walk around that doorfacing and find me belting out Nanci Griffith.  I'd like you to do the same.  Thank you.

...your sophomore students are talking about somebody being "really OLD" and you ask them what age that happens to be and they reply, "Oh, I think she's got to be THIRTY."  O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....