Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This and That

All-day meeting today and the obligatory migraine that seems to accompany those.  The sudden and violent rainstorm that blew in might have helped to trigger it, too, but it knocked me for a loop.  The migraine was one of the mostly painless ones, taking me instead to that horrible disconnected separate place behind the thick glass wall from which I can only watch but not participate fully.  I lost some words, spoke with a delay, and hated lights.  Even the neon-colored copy paper, the "brights" shades of yellow, pink, and orange, hurt my eyes and made me feel a little nauseous.  I took the cool pastels for myself instead. 

I could sort of somehow feel my eyes reacting. They almost felt like they do after I have been crying for a long time, that same kind of sensitive tingly tightness. I wonder if they changed color.  My eyes are hazel, and they do shift from green to a light brown depending on what's going on, and I would be curious to know if they had.  They're still greenish right now, or were when I passed by a mirror earlier in the evening.  It caught my attention.  The things these damn headaches do to me are so strange.  I wish I understood what was going on in my own body.  I feel like a house that wasn't wired right. 

I managed to get home and sort of accidentally fell asleep on the couch while I was waiting for my rice to cook.  When I woke up, though, I felt much better, so it worked out.  Tuna and good white rice and tomatoes for supper helped, too.  I am still extremely tired, but I managed to get through the episode without taking a Maxalt, so victory to me.  Maybe a good long night's rest will clear away the last of the cobwebs, and tomorrow, the world will make as much sense as it ever does.

In other news, during the day, I also talked to the repair shop.  The car was being painted today, but they're waiting on a part.  The bottom line is that it might possibly be ready tomorrow afternoon but more realistically we're looking at Friday morning.  Yeah.  How ever did I know it?  And you know what?  I'm just beyond even being surprised.  But I do so want my little car back.  So very, very much.  I miss it.  It's silly and so ridiculously American, but I don't feel like me not driving it.  I am really lucky that I have anything to drive at all with my car in the shop, but I hate driving the truck.  I miss the familiarity, the personality, the feel of my vehicle.  I'm so very spoiled.  

Tomorrow, I'll finally be able to get this fuzzy mess on top of my head cut.  I was supposed to do that today, but the meeting caused me to have to reschedule.  I'm long overdue because of Louisville, and so I'm very ready to get it cut.  I think I'll go by the school afterwards and take care of a few things, too, get stuff in my room, check on a few things with the office.  Maybe it will be a different kind of day tomorrow, one that won't make my head pound.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....