Monday, November 21, 2011

Distracting Myself

You know this thing I have about blue eyes?
So...Yeah....
Tomorrow is the dreaded day.  I can't think of anything else when I stop to think, so I'm not thinking.  I am distracting myself. To that end, I have immersed myself in more TV.  I found The Vampire Diaries on Roku, and it's seriously fun fluffage.  It's what Twilight could have been and missed.  None of the vampires sparkle, some of them are really dangerous, people actually die, the heroine has a spine, one of the male leads (Ian Somerhalder) is gorgeous enough to burn all your houses right down to the ground and sassy to boot, and the storyline holds together beautifully. I can't believe that this thing is actually written this well.  It's not as neatly put-together as something by Whedon or Moffatt, but it's not what I thought it was going to be, vapid teenertainment.  There's solidity to it.  (Plus...have you seen his eyes?  I mean...O_o)  I'm in the middle of season 2 right now.  I think maybe there are three seasons out so far, so I have a lot more to enjoy.

I'm not exactly sleeping right now, didn't go to bed until 4:30 am Friday night, was up until 2:30 last night, so I am glad to have something to fill my hours.  After tomorrow, maybe I can get my brain out of this chasing-its-own-tail cycle of uselessness and do something other than mark time.  Because even as nicely as I'm being distracted (oh, and btw, I know what I want for Christmas now people...), this stasis is not what I want to be about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....