Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Sharp Edges

A list.  I'm tired and this is what you get when I'm tired.  I'd like the following, please:

  • People to be nice or get the hell out.  I'm tired of hate and hatefulness.  It seems like that's all I hear from every mouth right now....cut downs, mockery, verbal abuse, spite, outright malice, fake smiles that try to hide daggers and fail miserably, actual rejoicing in the pain of others, indifference, intolerance, jokes that carry a coating of crushed glass on them looking for the tender belly to slice.  Doesn't anyone care about the other person at all?  Isn't there any recognition that that being across from you has feelings any more?  I feel a little sick, a little nauseous, a little bruised.  Look around you, for the love of God.  See what your actions cause.  Everything matters.  Everything.  There are no throwaway moments.
  • Thought instead of blind obedience.  Doesn't anybody think anymore?  I'm so disappointed.
  • Clarity, the path made visible.  Actually, I'd like the path lit up like an airport runway and a brass band playing at the end.  I'd like a guy standing at the door with a sign with my name on it saying, "Ma'am?  Right this way."  I'd like flashing neon and air-raid sirens.  I would like there to be no other turning possible.
I'm sure there is more I have to say, but sleep is slamming an iron fist against the door, and I am going to have to comply.  I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....