Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Past Comfort

It's amazing how fast personal demons can jump out of the sewer gratings to batten at the ankles, isn't it?  I'm trying to do a favor for somebody, and it's pushing me way beyond my personal levels of comfort.  I'm going to finish this because I said that I would, but it is hard, so very hard when things like this happen.  I want to throw it as far as I can from me and not touch it again, but I can't do that because I gave my word.  Today really has been a day made of pure fecal material from waking up and realizing that I'd been incoherent in email in my sleep to getting to school late because of dealing with dog problems to the migraine that crucified me through midmorning and the resultant fight with pain and medicine right up to this delicate torment.  I wish I could have some big, good thing to offset it all.  Maybe that's selfish, though.  I guess I just have to do what Harry on 3rd Rock from the Sun says, "When life gives you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons!"  I'm getting awfully tired of sour, though.  Where is my sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....