Friday, November 11, 2011

Music Is a Moral Law

“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.”
~ Plato

_______________
This rolled through my Tumblr this morning, and I'm taking just a second to post it before I go to school because it's fantastic.  Music is the thing that keeps me moving most days.  Whether I am playing it or listening to it, it is the clockwork keeping the machine going.  When I feel terrible, it either helps me work through it or lifts me out of it.  When I am rejoicing, it celebrates with me.  When I grieve, it pulls the sorrow out of me. I have seen many other quotes about music, and I have some other good ones tucked back, but this one is seems to wrap it all up so well.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....