Saturday, November 12, 2011

Foiled Again

I'm too poor right now actually to go anywhere, so despite having gotten up with Gypsy Feet itching, I am having an at-home day.  It's just as well, probably.  Last week was rough.

Thank God for the internet.  I've played on Tumblr for an extended period, something I haven't done much of lately.  I love all the things I find there.  There are a couple of amazing teachers on Tumblr, and they are constantly showing me new and amusing education things.  In fact, I found out about TGC on Tumblr.  There are also so many other interesting odds and ends tailored to my interests, book geekery, music, and so on.  I can get lost there for happy hours.

I'm now watching the last part of the miniseries Tin Man on the Roku.  If you haven't seen Tin Man and you like the Wizard of Oz (either the whole shiny Hollywood epic or the original book), I highly recommend this SyFy (or however they're spelling it these days) retell.  It's dark and they've steampunked it up just a bit, but I like what they've added to they original storyline.  The actors are some of my favorites (Alan Cummings is always grand), and I think you won't be disappointed.

Books, music, Etsy...I need to go to Wal-Mart, but I probably won't...laundry, a little light decrapifying of the house, homework...this is what I see my afternoon becoming.  It's not a grand adventure with the camera, but at least it's peaceful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....