Monday, November 07, 2011

Something Simple

I was walking the dogs tonight when I got home since Roux is still quite sick and cannot be let out to run free.  The weather was cool but not cold, and the sky was the most gorgeous shade of cobalt as the last of the day faded.  The almost-full moon was already up and the first few stars were out, just enough of a handful to wish on.  A single gauzy ribbon of cloud threaded all the way across the sky.  Around my yard, the little glass orbs of my solar lights were glowing softly like earth-bound baby moons echoing the larger satellite above.  It was lovely, really lovely.  Even though I was tired from the day and ready to be in and off my feet, it was a good place to be.  Something simple, something good.  These pockets of beauty that hide quite literally in the back yard are something for which I never cease to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....