Thursday, November 03, 2011

More News

Roux's not poisoned.  The vet checked her, and she is exhausted and run-down.  They kept her for observation, but as far as I know right now, she is okay.  The relief was a physical thing, almost like being released from a big vise grip somebody had been twisting up.

My doctor's appointment got moved.  I have longer to wait now for whatever my sentence outcome will be.  I know realistically that this is only going to be the start of something; it always only ever is with this process, but I had mentally prepared myself to wait until Thursday of next week.  I had prepared myself to be strong only so much longer.  Now I have to gear myself up for more waiting.  I have to convince myself I can jump this next hurdle, too, when what I want is to lay down and just look at it with tired sad eyes.

I'm reminded of the old quote about us never being tested more than we can bear.  Immediately after that come Mother Teresa's anecdotal words, "Then I wish God didn't trust me so much."  Absolutely freakin' ditto, Sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....