Friday, December 02, 2011

Briefly

I haven't had much to say the past couple of days.  Old battles renewed and much busy-ness, I suppose.  Been elsewhere doing other.  I should be at that now, in fact.  There's just something driving me here to make this brief contact, and I will follow this urging even if it makes me have to run even MORE than I already am this morning in just a moment.

In the past few days I've been away, then, I have:

  • Come to value copy paper more highly than gold bullion
  • Been told that what I love more than anything is worthless
  • Seen the happiness that can come from mini cupcakes
  • Been grateful once again that I know how to jumpstart a damn car
  • Felt the maternal urge ambush me quite out of the blue looking a friend's baby in a frog hat
  • Been berated and belittled
  • Actually been able to eat a little
  • Had moments of pure joy
  • Kept my temper despite all odds and expectations and refused to give in to the urge to put my fist through someone
  • Had no migraines
  • Had songs stuck in my head
  • Pondered getting ticket for the Punch Brothers concert in Birmingham in January
  • Graded papers
  • Missed people
Yeah.  So how have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....