Thursday, December 29, 2011

For What It's Worth

I've never been one to cut out pictures of gowns or plan floral arrangements.  I only ever looked at rings once.  That was a TOTALLY screwed-up trip to a jewelers with D.  I won't get into it.  It was a nightmare. I had taken a ring of my own in to be repaired, and he went with me since we sort of went lots of strange places together.  Somehow we wound up at the ring case looking and the lady behind the counter made assumptions.  You've never seen two people get away from each other so fast.  Probably it was comedic from a safe distance.

Anyway.

If it should ever come down to it.   If a little box should ever come out of a pocket or be presented to me creatively.   If there should ever happen to be some poor brave fool wonderful man out there who decides I am the one (and I just can't see this ever happening but I'm going to say this anyway), this is the ring.  I've never seen any other diamond ring I liked at all.  I suppose there may be vintage pieces out there I'd like, but this one has...something different to it.

It's a raw diamond, like my earrings, and I have already talked about why I like them so I won't belabour that point here.  It's also white gold.  I prefer the white metals, silver, white gold, or platinum, to the yellow.  The style is also to my tastes, simple and elegant.  I would feel ridiculous with something ostentatious on my hand.  I am not a fancy jewelry person unless it is old jewelry, and then not all of it.  Somehow, this just sort of seems like me.

Anyway, you can take this for what it's worth.  If you like it too, you can find this and other lovely things made by the Etsy maker masaoms by clicking through the link.

1 comment:

  1. I love how elemental and real raw diamonds look. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....