Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Uh-huh, Okay. Alright, Then.

It's been an odd pair of days.  I didn't feel much like writing yesterday.  You're getting a list now.  It's the end of the semester, so I'm pressed for time, and I'm running low on sleep.  I still feel good, but there's been no shortage of contenders trying to take that away from me.  Well.  To paraphrase my sage grandfather, "Never, never, never let the b-------s get you."

In the past two days:

  • I had a student suddenly and unexpectedly opt to do a front roll through my classroom door instead of entering it the normal, upright way.  No.  There was no reason why.  Yes.  He did a beautiful roll....
  • I have been told that I look like a porcelain doll.  No.  I don't know why.  I assume it's because I am so very pale.  Apparently it has been much discussed....  (Is this a good thing?)
  • I was mistaken BY STUDENTS for a student when I went through the lunch line today in an attempt to get a pimento cheese sandwich.  (Oh, and the lunch line thing?  NEVER AGAIN.  I will totally cut up the middle next time.  WTF was I thinking?)
  • My dog Chewie flung his green squeaky duck in a fit of exuberance.  I don't know where it is.  I am terribly, terribly afraid it is IN the Christmas tree.  Sigh.  Finding it is this afternoon's project.  He looks so sad now that it is missing.
  • The first person figured out what my pendant is today.  I didn't even have to tell her.  She just knew.  She laughed and laughed.
  • I have just about worn a hole in the new Black Keys album.  God, they're good.  They're keeping me awake when I drive, bless them.  They're almost better than caffeine.  (Well, realistically not, but you know.)  I love that the last song on the album keeps saying, "Oh....don't let it be over...."  They kill me.
  • I have come to love my new iPhone even more than my old one.  I am trying not to feel like I'm cheating on an ex by saying that.  How do we come to have the attachment issues to electronics?  It's ridiculous.  (But I'm whisper-typing this and tilting the screen so Minerva never knows she's Minerva the Second....)
  • The hat I bought at Chimneyville has paid for itself already.  It's purple and gorgeous, and every time I put it on, I feel gorgeous (if not purple), and I don't hate getting in the car at whatever ridiculous hour it is or going out to stand bus duty.  Definitely money well spent.
That's it.  I have a little left to do here, and then I'm getting out.  I am going to SLEEP tonight.  I am just so tired, and it's so cold and horrid outside.  This would be a wonderful night to curl up with somebody I love and pretend there's no world outside.  Shame that's not an option, really....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....