Saturday, December 24, 2011

What I Want for Christmas

(a slightly mixed list)

I haven't felt much like blogging in the past couple of days.  I have been on Tumblr and Twitter instead much more than usual, but I sort of feel like I need to put something up here, so....  Needless to say, you probably should not expect deep ruminations.


  • All my favorite authors to come out with new books next year.  Even the ones who just came out with something last year.  Especially you, Jim Butcher.  Now would be good.
  • To find out a certain situation has been magically reversed and wiped away when I go back to school.  I have no hope that it will be, but if this is my list, I can ask Santa for it, right?
  • A version of the Kindle Fire with 3G.  
  • If I'm wishing for impossible things, then....well...  (Okay, so no, not really.  First, Santa is probably not going to stuff him in a sack, right?  There are laws and things.  He also seems like he would probably put up a fairly decent fight.  Also, I don't really know him.  I enjoy the character he plays on the show, but I have no idea what he's like in real life. Based on the few things I've seen about him here and there, he seems like a decent person, but who really wants a perfect stranger stuffed under their tree for real?  I know that joke comes around every Christmas, but come on.... That little shallow, jesting Santa list item was based on one criteria only.  He may be one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen in my whole life.  I'll go back and feel really terrible about myself as a human being in a few minutes.)  *I love how he's so amused in this gif by this entire blog. I wish there was one where he walked off at the end, maybe even sort of shaking his head.


  • In reality, if Santa is bringing me men, then he and I need to have a serious confab.  I have a couple of definite ideas on the subject and a slew of DO NOT WANTS.  But you know what they say about beggars and choosing.  And I DEFINITELY fall into that beggar camp, darlin'.  (sigh)
  • Stability with my students.  There are one or two issues that I left school with them still up in the air.  I don't want to walk back into those same things in the new year.  
  • A way to see/talk to my friends more.  Maybe I need one of those time turner things from Harry Potter.  Maybe we all do.  Maybe he's got a set of those he can just pass out.  We'll all be good.  Promise.
  • A way to go live in Europe for about two years.  I'm thinking Germany, but Italy or England are also fine with me.  
Maybe there's more, but I'd hate to be greedy.  You know.  I'd hate to burden the good old man by asking for more than my fair share. (ha)  I think I'll just let the incredulous gentleman above say it for everybody and go do some reading or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....