Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Starting the Day

Nightmares all last night.  It's not hard to know where they're from.  They were filled with endless bits of the situation from yesterday that I could not resolve.  I woke up several times, something I do not usually do, and this morning, I don't feel especially rested.   I'll manage.  At least the heat, which was being coy last night at one point, stayed working well all night.

Today, though, is a new day.  I want it to be a good one.  I'm going to put on my Great Gatsby shirt, have a pineapple and yogurt smoothie, hook my iPhone to my car stereo, and go face whatever the day brings me.  I don't have a better way to armor my soul these days.  It will have to be sufficient to the demands of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....