Sunday, December 11, 2011

Moooooon

Have you seen it?  That moon is insanely beautiful out there tonight, like something you could reach up and pluck from the sky with your hands.  It's the thing that has been making my kids nuts the past few days, I guess.  Right now, it's doing the same to me.  I totally understand the dogs running around in the yard at top speed and barking at things and the cats staring out into the dark with bright shimmer-saucer eyes.  It all seems like a good idea to me.

Crazy moonlight somehow increases my need to go, to get out and move.  I went to Jackson yesterday for no good reason, just because I couldn't stand to be in the house and that was the grand plan I devised.  I literally went, bought some Christmas ornaments at Pier 1 (my excuse for going...and I did need them for this and that, ornament exchanges I am involved in, etc.), ate at Kismet's, and drove home.  I felt better for the travel somewhat, less like I wanted to shred things with my invisible claws.  Right now, though, that feeling is back....  I would get out and just go drive around and see what there is to get into, but in this neck of the woods...well...that's probably not a good idea.  And.  I don't feel like having to shoot rednecks by the light of the silvery moon.

I wish I knew somebody else who had this same lunar weirdness.  I need a playmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....