Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Patience, Please

I close my eyes for a while
And force from the world a patient smile...
"I Gave You All" ~ Mumford & Sons
___________________________________

I'm afraid I must call on your patience and your gentleness tonight.  If you were here with me, I might even go so far as to sit down beside you, take your hands in mine, lean on your shoulder, invite closeness instead of sitting across the room, instead of keeping the space that I'm more comfortable with between us.  

It's been one of those weeks, one of those times when I hurt.  When I'm tired.  When the spring inside me is at low-ebb.

My precious students have been trying to make me laugh today, and I love them for it, but that's not really what I need.  What I need is stillness and that uncanny understanding that you have of me that lets me take off all my masks and lay down all my swords for just a few essential moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....