Thursday, December 08, 2011

Favorites

I am taking a bit of a break to drink some tea and try to wake up a little.  A case of weariness has wrapped itself around me like a big blanket, and I am fighting to stay awake.  Even my desk looks like a good place for a nap.  In an effort to get my brain doing something, ANYTHING, here are a few of my favorite things.  (And I deeply apologize if you now have Julie Andrews twirling around in your head.  Unless, of course, you know, that makes you happy....)

  • Flowers:  Gerbera daisies and yellow roses .  
  • Beverage:  Unsweetened green tea and Diet Mt. Dew (although at present, I also love an eggnog smoothie....)
  • Types of cuisine:  Mexican, Thai, Japanese, and Italian
  • Places on Earth:  Nara, Japan; my family's pasture and country shack; the high-ceilinged library at Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
  • Hymns:  "It Is Well With My Soul," "In the Garden," and "Angel Band"
  • Items (as in, I have them with me all the time):  Fountain pen, iPhone, handkerchief
  • Word:  luscious  (most of the time)
  • Sound:  rain on a metal roof
I suppose there are more categories, but some things that seem obvious to include would be impossible for me to select.  I could no more select favorite authors or musicians than the man in the moon.  I have similar problems with movies.  I can select a broad range of what I like, but I don't like to try to pin it down to one.  It feels wrong somehow.  Maybe that seems strange.  I don't know.  

I guess if there was anything somebody wanted to know in particular, that person could use that little feature down at the bottom and ask me.  Trying to fight off the tired with this isn't working.  I think I'm going to fold up shop and go home for the afternoon.  Maybe that's what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....