Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Need to Dream Better

Okay.  Those of you who know me and know what's been going on will get some of the symbolism involved in some of these things.  Other parts of this stuff, I won't pretend to tell you from where my mind dragged it.  Last night, I dreamed:

1)  That I went back for my PhD and got chased by a psychotic killer.  He was also apparently a magician or monster or something.  He decided that I was a good recruit for his cause, whatever it was, I don't remember, and also, oh yeah, that he was in love with me.  There was a lot of running away.  I got chased through dorms, libraries, and campus streets.  It would have made a good movie, maybe.  Clip, you were there, too.  Sorry.  I guess if I go back, you do, too, honey.

2) Just before I woke up, I was running away from and fighting a giant crocodile.  Maybe it was an alligator.  Does it really matter?  It was not good.  It kept coming again and again.  There were other people with me, but who is vague.  We kept trying to hit it and shoot it, but it kept coming back.  Weapons we had that should have killed it failed us or just plain did not work on it.  We finally had it pinned down (don't ask me how) with a stick, and it was supposed to be dead, but it got loose, and it came after me.  I had a gigantic wooden cutting board of all things, and I kept bludgeoning the thing with it, and almost beat it to death (again, no reality here), but then the cutting board fell apart in my hands FOR NO REASON, and it started coming back to life again. When my 5:00 alarm went off, I was backing away from it with an even more ridiculous weapon in my hand, a slotted wooden cooking spoon with a handle as long as a sword.  (WONDER WHAT THE CROCODILE REPRESENTS)

3) I keep dreaming about the same house over and over again.  I have never been to this house.  I have never seen this house on TV.  What is this place?   Last night there was a garage and all these guys I do not know working on crap.  I don't even know what to make of that.  Is my brain randomly channeling satellite feeds now?

There was more, but blessedly, I can't pull out more than fragments.  I think I almost miss the Topamax blocking my dreams out entirely if this is what my brain manages to come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....