Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Red Ink Burnout

I need to be grading, but this would make about the fifth straight class day of nothing but that, and I'm starting to hate the sight of red ink.  It's starting to make the think of battlefields, corpses on operating tables, and other horrible things.  I need more than a weekend away from this.

Or even getting back to the joy of delivering information and facilitating discovery would be good, the part of teaching I actually love.  This holding pattern I'm in right now waiting to be able to give exams is a little slice of Purgatory.  The kids are understandably bored (the ones who are bothering to come), and I am just trying to stay productive.

However.

There are only so many papers one can grade before even the sight of a pile of them starts to make my skin crawl.  But it's not going away, is it?  Therefore....

Discipline!  Hand to sword!  Another repetition!  Again!

(somebodybreakmeoutofhere,K? iwillgiveyouacookieorsomething...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....