Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What He Said

And it would take a miracle
For her to break my fall
Cause she don’t care at all anymore
And I don’t know why I still do
and why I’m telling you
~ "Stay Away" - Chris Thile
______________________

Thile always says it best, doesn't he?  Reverse the genders, and you have the situation exactly.  The End.   Oh well.  It was not enough.  Maybe I wasn't.  Maybe he wasn't.  I am curiously indifferent now.  It was never more than something pleasant, anyway, and now it isn't even that.  

This is the end of a year, a particularly long and bad one for me.  I think it's time to let several things end with it,  either just let them fade away of their own volition or take up arms, and by opposing, end them.  (And yes, for those of you paying attention, that was a Hamlet allusion...)    I am determined that next year, by hook or by crook, is going to be better. 

 Yes.  Better.  Even if I have to pin it down and rip the goodness out of it with my teeth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....