Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

Another New Year's Eve.  I made homemade pizza and brownies, and I'm watching movies as I'm waiting to bring in the new year.  There are assorted dogs passed out in the floor and assorted cats passed out on the back of the couch.  It's a pretty good evening.  I could wish for some company, but that's not a part of my current reality (unless somebody just shows up in my yard...well, that might be fun, too), and I'm content.

I de-Christmased the house, and as nice as it was to have all my doodads out and around, it's also good to have everything back to normal and all cleaned up again.  I like to have all the order restored.

The mild weather today allowed me to go out and hang up the hammock for awhile this afternoon.  It felt strange today to be out in short sleeves in the back yard on New Year's Eve.  Only in Mississippi....

I didn't get around to my computer stuff.  I might try to install the memory tonight, but I suspect I will wait until tomorrow.  It just wasn't a priority for me today.  All the other things mattered more even though my mind was clear enough to do the work today.

Well, I think I'm going to finish up this movie, fight off the temptation to eat another brownie, and then maybe read and listen to some music as 2012 comes into my neck of the woods.  I hope that as it finds you, wherever you are, you are happy, healthy, and at peace.  Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....