Monday, August 08, 2011

New

We started back to school again today.  I think it was the best opening day we've ever had, the least nonsense, the least disruption, the least confusion.  It was done almost before I knew it.  If the whole year will run this smoothly, my broken soul has a chance to heal.

I wore my new dress today, and I felt it with every step.  That dress is just beautiful, and I felt beautiful wearing it.  I felt like a lady, as in, I felt as though I needed little white gloves to go with it.  It's a wonderful feeling.  I got lots of complements on it, and I didn't turn a single one away.  I just smiled and said thank you.  It was hard, but I did it.  Growth, I think.

I am tired, but it's manageable.  I will go to bed fairly soon and catch up on some of the sleep I inevitably missed last night.  I hope that things continue in this current vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....