Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Roofs and Ring Pops

My house has a new roof at long last.  The shingles are darker than the old ones were, but I like the look of it.  Now that the trees have been pruned back, the old chimney taken down below the roofline, and all the repairs done, I feel that the house is sound again.  It's such a relief not to have to worry about it anymore.  There's some cleanup left to do, but it won't take long.

I gave my AP students Ring Pops today as a prize for their college application essays.  I wish you could have seen their faces when I brought the Ring Pops out from behind my desk.  That part of teaching never gets old.  They were so happy with that simple little treat.  They sort of fought over the watermelon ones making me wish I had more of those and then they sat there just as happy as little larks with the plastic rings on their fingers.  That was a very good thing indeed.

There's more to this day, some of it a little disturbing, but I'm not ready to put it in print, or at least not here.  I'm going to leave this day with the image of my dear little ones and their sugar-induced happiness.  I think that's a good way to go out for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....