Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sniffling Along

Still sniffling and starting to cough a week later.  I hate this.  I have another doctor's appointment Tuesday, so I guess I'll just shuffle from Doctor A to Doctor B and get the inevitable shot and antibiotics that this is probably going to take to go away.  Joy beyond all describing.

I took a three-hour nap this afternoon, and my body soaked that up like rain on parched soil.  I don't know if that was because of the ever-present demands of the Topamax, because of regular fatigue from getting used to teaching life, or because I'm still sick.  Roux piled up in the bed with me quite joyously.  I think she's missed our summer sleep schedule.  Pit bulls make very good nap buddies.

The little dog, Chewie as I'm calling him for his Wookie-like appearance, followed me around the yard while I put bird feeders up and re-situated my bottle tree in a new flowerbed.  Everything that was moved for the roofing is almost reassembled.  Chewie is not a lot of help, but he tries.  Oh, how he tries.  I hope I can find him a good family soon.  He's a sweet and loving little creature.  He's going to be a very large loving dog.

Well, as the day ends, I've seen the new Doctor Who (more on that possibly later), and I'm watching Lost in Austen on my Roku.  Tomorrow will be a festival of grading.  Maybe the creeping crud will have abated by then.





No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....