Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer Lightning

Sometimes, I see things happen, and my first thought is that I should tell you about it.  There are little pieces of my day that I look at, tuck away, and wish I could share with you at the end.

I hope you understand that this isn't an every-moment-of-every-day thing.  You don't rule my thoughts or permeate my every waking moment.  You're not an obsession.  I don't do those anymore.  I'm not Juliet, and God knows I'm not looking for any sort of Romeo.

But sometimes you do cross my mind.  

I see things that I know you'd find amusing, and I wish I could bring them to you just to see you enjoy them, wish I could see that beautiful light of happiness dawn in those eyes, see that true smile, not your little clever restrained one, once in awhile.  Events occur that I want to bring to you just to talk with you about, just to know your thoughts, to bounce them back and forth between us for awhile.  

When these moments come to mind, I just let them flicker like the summer lightning, like the faerie fire they are, and they disappear.  What I dream of and what I actually have are very different, after all.  I will stay grounded in the real.  It's safer that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....