Monday, August 22, 2011

Stubbornness

I dragged myself to school this morning for the simple reason that it's easier to battle through a day of feeling like crap there than it is to deal with getting stuff ready for a sub and deal with the aftermath of having one.  I really wish I hadn't.  All day long, I sniffled and sneezed.  I'm sure my students were thinking, "Oh God!  She's come to destroy us!"  Well, turn about is fair play...  One of them brought this stuff to me, after all.

In all reality, I made sure I wasn't running any fever before I went.  I was no danger to anyone but myself.  Between classes, I just wanted to slide down the cool brick wall into a little huddled ball and stay there.  I'd lean back and close my eyes.  It was amazing how time distorted during those intervals.

Tomorrow, if I feel this crappy, I'm not going.  I can't do today again tomorrow, even if it does put all my lesson plans off.  I'll hate it, but I just don't think I can endure another day of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....