Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Bits and Pieces

I've had a big migraine pill, so if I wander, forgive me.  I didn't have enough food in my system when I took it, and so I'm sort of untethered.

Today was better than I expected it to be on several fronts.  I'm not worried about some things anymore. The thing that had been giving me nightmares resolved itself.  I think I will be able to live with it.  Only time will tell if it will be better than that.  I don't want to be any more hopeful right now than this.

I found out that not only is the power steering out in my car, but it also apparently has a coolant leak, too.  The coolant leak may have caused the power steering problem, in fact, as the leak has been dripping on the power steering pump.  They discovered the leak this morning since it was making a tidy little puddle in their garage.  They called me and gave me the $200 tidings of great joy to start my day.  What can you do?  It's not like I can knit a new one.  I told them to fix it.  It meant at least another day without my car.  Hopefully I'll have it back by the end of tomorrow....

The headache took me midday.  I tried to ignore it, never a good idea.  I don't know why I try.  It was a product of stress, too much for too long, worrying about the car and the day.  It was a product of being corralled in meetings, which, no matter how pleasant they were, I do not sit through with any sort of ease.  I keep thinking to myself, "Can we not just say what needs to be said and go?"  I have no patience for it.  I am an abysmal "meeter."

Mom had to come get me both because I had no car and because of the medicine.  She kindly took me through Chick-Fil-A and got me dinner which is helping to mitigate some of the worst of the fog.  I didn't even remember what day it was when she got me.  I kept thinking it was Monday...  I am going to get a brownie from the kitchen (if there are any.  I think there were brownies.  I don't think that was a cruel illusion...) and keep sitting here watching TopGear for a while longer.

It was just a day of bits and pieces. I didn't get done everything I needed to do.  I will have to try to play catch up tomorrow.  It's probably about where I expected to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....