Monday, January 30, 2012

Salt on My Tail

If you don't know the old wives' tale about how to catch a bird, you might need to look it up.  Otherwise...well...the title of this one's just weird, isn't it?  (by me, today)
___________________________________________
Salt on My Tail

Free again on wide strong wings
and you won’t ever catch me
Hi-lo-ho-ho all you like
Coax low and sweet
hold the lure tempting
in your outstretched hands

But I’m no tassel-gentle
I’ve slipped those jesses
torn away that hood
and now my eyes
are full of nothing but sky

So if you’re determined
all I can say is
Beware the talons
be smart - be fast
I hope to God you’re nimble
because getting the salt on my tail
when I’ve no plans to land at all
is going to be something of a gamble

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....